Immediate Assistance & Support Services

If you or a child are in immediate danger, call emergency police on 000.

If you or someone you know is planning to leave a dangerous household, you can contact the Department of Human Services to utilise the “enough” initiative. This initiative can assist you with income support, housing and counselling services in the context of family and domestic violence. To find out more, visit the Department’s website as

You can also contact your local council for information about support services and networks in your local area. White Ribbon also provides a list of national and state based support organisations which may be of assistance with family and domestic violence. You can visit their website at

If you need to contact a women’s refuge in the Perth Metropolitan area, or rural Western Australia, you can find a list of potential safe-houses at Women’s Council. Contact (08) 9420 7264 or click here.

Men and women can also contact Shelter WA or the Salvation Army.

Other Resources:

  • Kids Helpline is a free, private and confidential telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25. Call 1800 551 800, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • 1800RESPECT is the national family violence and sexual assault counselling service. It is a free, confidential service available for men and women 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1800 737 732 to speak to a professional counsellor.
  • Lifeline provides crisis support services for domestic abuse and family violence. Call 131 114, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • MensLine Australia provides telephone and online support, information and referral services. They also provide specialist support to those who experience family and domestic violence. Visit the MensLine Australia website ( or call 1300 789 987.
  • You can also contact the Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline on 1800 007 339 and the Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline on 1800 000 599.
  • For specific assistance in circumstances of sexual assault or abuse, contact the Sexual Assault Resource Centre on 1800 199 978.
  • Women specifically can also contact the Women’s Information Service on 1800 199 174 and the Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence on (08) 9420 7264.
  • Aboriginal sufferers or users of domestic and family violence can contact the Aboriginal Family Law Service on 1800 469 246 or visit their website at
  • For assistance in a cultural context, contact Multicultural Services Centre of WA Inc on (08) 9328 2699.

Comments are closed.